Hello and welcome to Scrappy Sketches. There will be a new sketch every week to inspire your creativity for scrapbooking and cardmaking. I hope to encourage you to use your scrap stash in fabulously beautiful ways. Enjoy.


Thursday, June 21, 2012

Mid Week Sketch 25-12

Hi there, another beautiful winter day in sunny Brisbane. The garden could do with some rain, but I'm not complaining about the weather at all, it's lovely seeing that blue and feeling so comfortable. Not much time in my household for creative pursuits unfortunately, but that's life, isn't it? Some days are free, some are not.

Here is this week's sketch for you, one for the boys this time.


And here is the page I made - some old photos of my son. I wish now that taking photos back then was as high an art form as it is today. Cameras were not so fancy, close ups were rare and details were either lost or overwhelming. However, in the end it doesn't matter what your pictures are like, if they bring back memories for you. It's not about stunning portraits, it's about telling your story, after all.


If you like the embellishments on my page, you might like to know that I have made up ten packs just like them (no two exactly alike though) with the journaling tag, pinwheel, banner and lollipop flowers, which you can buy for $5 plus p&p. Just email me or go to my Made It shop, Elsie & Grace and put in your order and they will be winging their way to you, wherever you are. 

love Heather x ..always be a little kinder than necessary..

1 comment:

scrappygail said...

This sketch was very helpful. My four photos were each 4X4 so I was having trouble deciding where to put them. I think shifting them to the side should work giving me some room for layering paper and embellishments .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...